Primary responsibility is to plan, organize and direct all functions of the RGH Clovis Clinic. Establish policies and goals of the department. Supervise all departmental operations to ensure quality patient needs are met.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Ensure the delivery of quality services to patients and patient’s family
- Direct, coordinate, and supervise all activities in the RGH Clovis Clinic
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of patient records and ensure appropriate data is obtained and entered into the EMR
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of cash receipts, and other reporting requirements of Administration
- Direct and manage personnel including hiring, orientation, assigning, counseling, discipline, training, education, evaluation, and progressive disciplinary action according to current policy
- Develop and implement performance and behavior standards consistent with hospital standards
- Ensure HIPAA is being upheld in all areas and medical records are being obtained appropriately
- Ensure appropriate scheduling protocols are being followed
- Ensure that insurance rules are being followed and that insurance co-pays, self-pay and deductibles are collected at the time of service
- Ensure that staff is offering our Financial Assistance to patients and obtaining appropriate documentation to qualify patients
- Ensure departmental compliance with established policies, State licensure and other regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements, and policies and procedures
- Establish and manage quality improvement measures and action plans
- Develop and implement departmental policies, procedures, workflows, goals and objectives
- Ensure departmental accountability and customer satisfaction
- Communicate pertinent information to employees and act as a role model for employees providing exceptional leadership
- Coordinate with medical, nursing, and accounting staff to ensure appropriate placement of patients and compliance with third party payers and other regulations
- Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Review employee satisfaction survey results with staff and develops and implements action plans to improve the work environment
- Review customer satisfaction survey results and develops and implements action plans to improve satisfaction scores
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years management experience in a clinic or healthcare facility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Health Administration or related major preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of clinic services and practices
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Working irregular hours including after hours if needed
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.