Under general direction, manage mail receipt and delivery, transport documents, lab draws, perform deposit, and other items as required by Roosevelt General Hospital and Clinics.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Transport confidential documents, lab draws, medical supplies and other items between facilities
- Ensure timeliness of deliveries
- Ensure lab draws are secured in an approved container to avoid contamination during transport
- Maintain confidentiality of information received
- Receive proper training and education required to ensure proper handling of objects
- Receive, sort, and deliver mail to respective recipient
- Retrieve and post outgoing mail twice a day to ensure all time sensitive packages are ready for shipment
- Complete daily deposits
- Assist Materials Management on as-needed basis with supply delivery and pick-up
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Work established hours with daily travel
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Position requires light to moderate work with 25 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.