Nutritional Services Ambassador I, is responsible for helping to sustain the highest quality food service and nutritional care for customers consisting of patients, guests, and the RGH family. He/she will be the embodiment of the hospital’s mission, vision and values. Under the direct supervision of the director, the Nutritional Services Ambassador I performs a variety of food service and dish duties. They will safeguard each customer experiences the highest level of personalized service.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and exemplify them through food hospitality
- Greet all patients, families, employees and hospital visitors with a positive, cheerful attitude
- Exhibit exceptional customer service skills and look for opportunities to go above and beyond to meet customer’s needs
- Loads, unloads, and oversees dish washing machine
- Washes items by hand
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away properly
- Dispose of food waste appropriately as per established guidelines
- Disposes of garbage and boxes in appropriate manner and as needed
- Performs assigned cleaning duties on a daily basis
- Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by the Director
- Serves food on the cafeteria tray line
- Runs cash register in RGH Café when needed
- Maintains RGH Café tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner
- Assist in the stocking of all areas in dining room
- Helps maintain the cleanliness of the RGH Café dining room
- Delivers items as requested by patient care units or patients
- Returns carts to kitchen as designated times
- Assists where needed and performs other related duties as assigned by Director
- Maintains a good working relationship, both within the department and with other departments
- Observes infection control practices at all times
- Performs any or all of the duties in the kitchen, tray line, cafeteria, and dish room as required by staffing problems
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have Food Handler’s certification or ability to obtain with ninety (90) days of employment
- Experience in food services or hospitality setting preferred
- Basic computer proficiency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Working irregular hours including call hours
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.